I will be happy to answer Registration questions you may have or schedule an appointment after you have completed the Online Registration application.
Registration Appointments are available M-F 8:00am-2:00pm. ALL required documents must be presented at the time of your appointment, partial documents cannot be accepted.
School Tours are not offered during the summer months, but you will have an opportunity to tour the school during Orientation/Meet the Teacher Day on August 9!
Requirements for Children to Begin School: Grade Placement (Florida State Statute 1003.21)
Kindergarten: A child must be five years old on or before September 1st.
First Grade: A child must be six years old on or before September 1st AND satisfy one of the following: a) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a Florida public school. b) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a non-public school. c) Previous attendance in an out-of-state school in which the student was admitted on the basis of age requirements established by the state of residency.
If your child will be transferring from another SJCSD school, the same registration requirements apply below.
- Birth Certificate or Passport.
- Proof of Guardianship/Court Documents (if applicable).
- Documentation of a Physical/Health Examination dated within 12 months of the student’s enrollment date.
- Proof of completed required Immunizations on Florida Certificate DH680. You can obtain this certificate from a Florida physician, Health Department or a participating pharmacy with a walk-in clinic. Required Immunizations, click HERE
- Proof of Residency, per the SJCSD Residency and Guardianship Policy.
- Academic Records (for students previously enrolled in another school).
- Completed Online Registration. After completion, please contact me for a registration appointment. You must bring all original required documents to complete the registration, partial documents cannot be accepted.
- Completed OPE Kindergarten or 1st-5th Grade Questionnaire (right sidebar).
If you are not sure which St. Johns County school your child is zoned to attend, please click on the following link: ATTENDANCE ZONE INFORMATION
For Hardship Out of Zone Transfer Requests, please click on the following link: HARDSHIP OUT OF ZONE TRANSFER
OPE’s VPK FULL DAY/FULL SCHOOL YEAR PROGRAM – 2019-2020
The Ocean Palms Elementary VPK (Voluntary Prekindergarten) is a full day/full school year program on a sliding fee schedule. Hours are: 8:30am-2:45pm M,T,TH,F and 8:30am-1:45 Wednesdays. We offer a blended VPK class with LIMITED spaces. The fees for 2019-2020 are $65.00 per week unless qualified for free/reduced lunch. Transportation is not provided and Extended Day is not offered to VPK students. Click here for flyer: VPK 2019-2020
If you are interested in this program for the 2019-2020 school year, please send me an email to have your child added to the waiting list. Adding your child to the waiting list does not guarantee a spot. You will be notified in late Spring/early Summer if your child has been chosen to attend our VPK program.
It is STRONGLY encouraged that you add your child’s name to waiting lists at other schools. Please visit the following website for more information: http://www.ecs4kids.org/
Mrs. Morales EMAIL