Click the following link to find which SJCSD School your child is zoned for: Attendance Zone Locator
Interested in OPE’s VPK Program? Scroll down for more information!
We are unable to accommodate tours during the school year. A tour of our school will be provided at the end of the summer for registered families! Administration will send an email with details in July.
- Attendance Policy SJCSD
- Attendance Zone Locator
- Code of Conduct (Students)
- Extended Day Program (The DEN)
- PTO – Our wonderful Parent Teacher Organization!
- School Access Form
- SchoolMessenger (Opt-in or Opt-out of Text Messages)
- School Supply Lists
When completing the registration forms, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser. Please be sure to double check the school year at the top of the form to ensure you are completing the correct form. You will receive an email confirmation once the form is successfully submitted. You must upload ALL required documents in order to submit your enrollment application. Scroll down for documents required. You may save and exit at any time and return later to complete the form. Please complete the Online Registration and upload the required documents. I will contact you after I have reviewed your registration.
Requirements for Children to Begin School: Grade Placement (Florida State Statute 1003.21)
- Kindergarten: A child must be five years old on or before September 1st.
- First Grade: A child must be six years old on or before September 1st AND satisfy one of the following: a) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a Florida public school. b) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a non-public school. c) Previous attendance in an out-of-state school in which the student was admitted on the basis of age requirements established by the state of residency.
Please complete the ONLINE REGISTRATION and upload the required documents listed below:
- Copy of Birth Certificate (If a birth certificate is not available, please refer to 1003.21, FS for other acceptable documentation).
- Court Documents (if applicable).
- Documentation of a Physical/Health Examination dated within 12 months of the student’s enrollment date – can be from out of state) that meets the Florida Department of Health Requirements. You may choose to use the recommended School Entry Health Exam Form (DH3040).
- Completed Florida Certificate DOH680 Form (Immunizations). Students enrolling for the first time from a state other than Florida must have out of state immunizations records transferred to the DOH 680 Form. You can obtain this form from a Florida physician or Florida Department of Health. View the complete list of Required Immunizations.
- Current mortgage statement (dated within 30 days), property deed, signed settlement statement (for new home purchases only; sales/builders contracts not acceptable), homesteaded property tax statement, or current lease/rental agreement with the names of everyone living in the household on the lease with terms of agreement. If the lease is month to month, a notarized letter from the landlord/owner/property manager is required. Must have both tenant and landlord/property manager’s signature and contact information. View the complete list of Proof of Residency, if you are not a homeowner or renter and living with someone Residency and Guardianship Policy.
- ONE current utility bill (dated within 30 days) with date, name, address (this may be an activation notice or email confirmation from company with name/address and date).
- ONE additional current document showing your name, address and date, from the list below:
- Bank, cell phone, credit card, insurance policy statement, paycheck stub, HOA statement, property tax record, vehicle registration, additional utility statement, valid driver’s license with enrolling address.
- Valid driver’s license/ID card (for identification purposes only).
- ESE IEP, EP, RTI, 504 documents, etc. (if applicable).
These items are not required, but helpful for placement:
- Academic Records (for students previously enrolled in another school).
- Parent Questionnaire, select grade level(s) here: Kindergarten Questionnaire or 1st – 5th Grade Questionnaire
OPE’s 2024-2025 VPK WAIT LIST!!
Please email me the following information for your child to be added to our wait list:
- Name of Child
- Birth Month. Remember, a child must be four years old on or before September 1st
- Can your child recognize and write their name? How many numbers and letters does your child recognize? Does your child know shapes and colors?
- Name of school your child is zoned for, upon completion of VPK Program (you do not need to be in OPE’s zone to attend)
- Name(s) of sibling(s) attending a SJCSD school K-12
Our selected VPK students are taken in the order of the wait list, with priority given to SJCSD employees and current K-5 siblings attending OPE. Because of the high demand for our VPK program with limited seats, we recommend that you have a contingency plan. Please read the general information for important details regarding our program below.
VOLUNTARY PRE-K PROGRAM – GENERAL INFORMATION
A child must be four years old on or before September 1st.
VPK at OPE is a full day program and follows the SJCSD Calendar.
The VPK Program consists of classes which blend VPK students with PreK students who have qualified needs such as: speech delay, language delay, developmental delay, etc. Each classroom will have a highly qualified teacher holding a bachelor’s degree in both Early Childhood Education and Exceptional Student Education and one paraprofessional.
Our VPK students are positive role models for the PreK students. We encourage our VPK students to be leaders as they prepare for Kindergarten. Your child will become acclimated to the “big” public school setting, and they will transition quickly into Kindergarten.
- Full day commitment and corresponding fees is required.
- Hours are: 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. M,T,TH,F and 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
- 2024-2025 Fees: *$125.00 per week (does not include meals) unless the family qualifies for free or reduced fee ($35 per week) based on income.
- Each classroom has a highly qualified teacher holding a bachelor’s degree in the areas of early childhood and disabilities; and one paraprofessional.
- High quality kindergarten readiness instruction.
- Transportation and Extended Day Before and Aftercare is NOT available for VPK students.
*To find out if your family is eligible for Free or Reduced Meal status, please visit: https://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/food/free/ The printable application will show the federal eligibility income chart.
Click here to obtain: FLORIDA VPK CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY VOUCHER. Please note, the VPK Child Certificate of Eligibility Voucher is required whether your child is accepted into our VPK program, or another VPK Program in the state of Florida.
Click here for: FLORIDA VPK INFORMATION
For other VPK Locations, call 904-726-1500.