Pre-Registration for the 2019-2020 School Year will begin on March 1. Please check back for more details!
Registration Appointments are available Monday – Friday, 8:00am-2:00pm.
I will be happy to answer any Registration questions you may have or schedule a Registration appointment.
Mrs. Morales EMAIL
Interested in a Tour? Click here: Tours-2018.2019
SJCSD REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for Children to Begin School: Grade Placement (Florida State Statute 1003.21)
Kindergarten: A child must be five years old on or before September 1st.
First Grade: A child must be six years old on or before September 1st AND satisfy one of the following: a) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a Florida public school. b) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a non-public school. c) Previous attendance in an out-of-state school in which the student was admitted on the basis of age requirements established by the state of residency.
If your child will be transferring from another SJCSD school, the same registration requirements apply below.
- Birth Certificate or Passport.
- Documentation of a Health Examination performed within 12 months, prior to the first day of school. Example: if your child(ren) will start school on August 10, 2018, you must present documentation of a Health Examination performed on or after August 11, 2017.
- Proof of completed required Immunizations on Florida Form DH680. You can obtain this certificate from a Florida physician, Health Department or a local pharmacy with a walk-in clinic. Required Immunizations, click HERE
- Proof of Residence per the SJCSD Residency and Guardianship Policy (right sidebar).
- Academic Records (for students previously enrolled in another school).
- Completed paper Registration Forms (right sidebar). If you complete the Online Registration, please call me when you have completed it.
- Completed Kindergarten or 1st-5th Grade Questionnaire (right sidebar).
ALL required documents must be presented at the time of registration, partial documents cannot be accepted.
If you are not sure which St. Johns County school your child is zoned to attend, please click on the following link: ATTENDANCE ZONE INFORMATION
For Hardship Out of Zone Transfer Requests, please click on the following link: HARDSHIP OUT OF ZONE TRANSFER
OPE’s VPK FULL DAY/FULL SCHOOL YEAR PROGRAM
Our VPK Program is FULL for the 2018-2019 school year. The Ocean Palms Elementary VPK (Voluntary Prekindergarten) is a full day/full school year program on a sliding fee schedule. Hours are: 8:30am-2:45pm M,T,TH,F and 8:30am-1:45 Wednesdays. We offer a blended VPK class with LIMITED spaces. The fees for 2018-2019 are $60.00 per week unless qualified for free/reduced lunch. Transportation is not provided and Extended Day is not offered to VPK students.
OPE’s VPK WAITING LIST BEGINS JANUARY 2019
If you are interested in this program for the 2019-2020 school year, please send me an email in January 2019 to have your child added to the waiting list. Adding your child to the waiting list does not guarantee a spot. You will be notified in late Spring/early Summer if your child has been chosen to attend our VPK program.
It is STRONGLY encouraged that you add your child’s name to waiting lists at other schools. Please visit the following website for more information: http://www.ecs4kids.org/
Mrs. Morales EMAIL